According to a report of the ComScore, mobile users have grown from 400 million in 2007 to around 1900 million in 2015 while the desktop users in same period has grown from 1100 million to 1500 million, which shows that the number of mobile users has been growing very rapidly. Mary Meeker’s KPCB Mobile Technology Trends indicates that 80 % of smart-phones and 91 % of PC/Laptop are used to search the internet. Thus for online marketing, mobile devices have become an important platform.
Google AMP is a mobile device introduced by the search giant that helps in tracking content fast. It helps in improving the traditional model that serves mobile content with the help of the precise AMP HTML by stripping down the content’s presentation. Consequently, it simplifies the contents and images so that they can be loaded much faster.
- Tracking Content Fast
- Uses AMP HTML
- Content is displayed in Basic Text & Images
- Pages are uploaded 10 times faster
- It makes the work easy
- Cut downs on the use of data
Google AMP has three parts that help content load faster through simplifying the content and images. These three parts are –
- AMP HTML
- AMP JS
- AMP Cache
AMP HTML –
APM HTML works on severely defined set of processing tags that are only indented for text formatting and image embedding.
Some of these tags are – Amp-ad, Amp-video, Amp-embed, Amp-pixil, And Amp-img etc.
AMP JS –
APM JS, likewise, is also a file that is strictly limited. All external resources are loaded in background through it. It is helpful for making task easy and reducing the data usage.
AMP Cache –
It is also known as AMP Content Delivery Network and server of Google’s system that is intended to take hold of the most recent content of users.
AMP casts positive and negative impacts on the SEO as well as Online Marketing. As it reduces the load time of the articles, it is good for both publishers and readers. Publishers get more and more page views, increased engagement, and better sharing because users can access the content without going through any frustration. On the other hand, it does not work well for the websites related to brands or ecommerce. Let’s understand the positives and negatives of AMP in detail –
Positive Impacts –
- It is good for boosting the SERP rank
- All the publishers would be highly benefited by the Google AMP.
- It is an open source so there is an immense possibility of its evolution.
- AMP will bring more and more readers for the publishers.
- It also offers plenty of options for features and formatting.
- It will also boosts paid search impressions.
Negative Impacts –
- AMP offers no forms
- It does not boost speed of websites related to the ecommerce and brands.
- Paid search results may also be discouraged.
- It provides no external java script and style sheets.
- It will increase the budgeting needs.
Google AMP device is good for improving the page visibility but it is limited to the publishers. Ecommerce and brand websites would not be much benefited from it.