The rapid growth of smartphones has revolutionized the mobile industry and has increased the responsibilities of the network service providers and the web developers to design innovative and effective products for the perfect mobile experience.
Here are some of the key factors for a successful mobile experience:
A successful mobile experience is heavily dependent on the content strategy. More often than not, the main focus is laid on the design and technical challenges. Such aspects are undoubtedly important, but equal importance should also be given to the basic principle of having the correct content. Mobile design starts with content design which should define the layouts which are needed by the user. This lays greater stress and focus on strategy. The following should be kept in mind:
- The main aspect about designing for a small screen is the fact that it is important to stress on the content. The removal of any decorative content and keeping only the valuable content, a solid and reliable platform is created which would perform well across any device.
- The greatest hindrance towards the development of a good content is assumption. An open mind would help to create a content which could work for any object across multiple platforms and provide a seamless experience.
The mode of user inputs has evolved from the days of keyboards and mouse to touchscreen. This was once a science fiction fantasy but has evolved as a reality for the last few years. This has become the backbone for the growth of smart phones. This fact needs to be kept in mind while designing the content. Users would usually interact and provide their inputs using the touchscreen. The design should be such as to ensure that the users are not faced with difficulties while using the same. People normally hold the phone in one hand and tap using a thumb. With tablets, people hold the same with both hands and use their thumbs for pressing on keys and buttons. All these factors need to be kept in mind while designing the content. Also, the buttons should be large enough for touching by human fingertips so that the gadget becomes easy to operate for all users.
Need for Speed
The most critical factors for a good user experience are speed and performance. There should not be any question of any compromise on this ground and these two features would go a long way in determining success. Some points which could play a decisive role are:
- Determination of a budget as regards the website performance. This could play a major role.
- Usage of conditional loading and progressive closure techniques could boost performance.
- Usage of caching would ensure the speeding up of loading time for reloading of pages.
- Testing on live platforms during the testing process could help understand the pros and cons of the application.
- The concept of lazy loading which would ensure the important content to get loaded quickly and then focus on loading of the secondary content would give a feeling of high speed.
The true Picture
The need for picture is of extreme importance and it is essential to handle them properly so as not to affect the speed and provide a smooth layout.
Thus, with all with these tricks one can create good website for an ultimate mobile experience.