The famous FaceTime feature allows you to initiate video calls on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. However, the iPhone was the first device to gain access over the FaceTime feature, which offers the possibility to imitate video calls. FaceTime allows you to connect to your loved ones while being elsewhere. It is easy, simple and effective. With a single tap, you are able to make video calls over Wi-Fi from your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and even Mac in any part of the world. If you want to learn how to enable FaceTime calls on your iPhone, you should read the rest of the article.
FaceTime feature is a built-in iOS iPhone app so you can enable or disable it at any moment. In the same time, it is also available over cellular networks on iPhone and iPad. When initiating a video call, you have available the both cameras. As you know, each iDevice has two built-in cameras, one in the front and one on the back. When launching a FaceTime call, the front camera turns on, but you can easily change to the back camera for a better view of the landscape. Therefore, with a simple tap, you are able to switch between the front and the back camera in order to share what you see in both ways.
The good thing is that you can enable or disable FaceTime feature any time you want. In the same time, if you worry about your kids using FaceTime, learn that you have the possibility of using complete parental restrictions. In order to have access to multiple more features concerning the FaceTime service and many more, you can start jailbreak on your device. Fortunately, you are able to perform an untethered jailbreak on iOS 6 using Evasion, with less effort, in no time and with fewer worries.
Enable FaceTime Feature on iPhone
- Go to Settings and tap on the FaceTime option.
- Turn on FaceTime service.
- You will be able to see a new window. Tap on the “Use your Apple ID for FaceTime” button in order to start your FaceTime experience.
- At this point, you need to enter your Apple ID and password. Click on the Sign In button.
- You will be required to enter your phone number and email address associated to your Apple account. This information will be displayed when you initiate the call. In the same time, you have the possibility to hide this information if you want. You also have the possibility to change the phone number and the email address that people use then they contact you for a FaceTime call.
At the end of the setup, you have the possibility to choose the Cellular data connection option instead of the Wi-Fi connection. However, you can disable or enable this option whenever you want, according to your needs. This was all. Now, you are able to use FaceTime feature on your iPhone.
How to Initiate a FaceTime Call from Your iPhone
Once you completed the FaceTime setup, you will definitely want to initiate a FaceTime call from your iPhone as soon as possible. Here is how you do it.
- Launch FaceTime service from your Home Screen.
- Tap on the Contacts option in order to choose the contact you want to connect via FaceTime.
- Select the contact you want to FaceTime. However, the respective contact needs to own an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Mac, meaning to be compatible of receiving FaceTime calls as well.
- Near the contact card, you will be able to see the FaceTime button. Tap on it and you will initiate a FaceTime call towards a certain contact. If the desired contact owns multiple phone numbers and email addresses, you will have to pick one, preferably, one that has FaceTime accessibility.
- Once you tap on the FaceTime button near the contact, the service will connect after a few seconds. At this point, you will be able to see your loved ones at the end of the call.
Choose to use FaceTime feature in order to connect yourself to your friends and relatives and to keep a strong visual relation. FaceTime has the goal of reconnecting people while offering the best services. The fact that users are able to use it both on Wi-Fi and on cellular data connection gives FaceTime a huge advantage. Users also have the possibility of using Siri in order to start a FaceTime call. Just ask for Siri to FaceTime with a certain contact. It is that simple and easy.
However, if you still do not have FaceTime or Siri available on your device, you should definitely consider starting jailbreak on it. Jailbreaking iOS 6 with Evasion is simple, safe and easy. Enjoy the best features and possibilities within your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Author Bio: My name is Andrei Alexandru and I am a proud member of iFlowReader technology blog. I am editor in chief and specialized in writing how to’s and tutorials about jailbreak. I like sharing my experience about the jailbreak process and help people benefit the most from their iDevice.