WordPress is among the ones having a large number of visitors. Hence, it is important for one to keep the website’s performance at its peak. This would ensure that the users have a good experience and keep coming back for more. The best way to improve performance is to optimize the site and fine tune it so that it works best. The following tips for optimizing wordpress may interest one looking to improve one’s WordPress blog:
• Speed is one of the most critical factors affecting performance. So caching plug-ins should be installed to ensure better speed for faster access.
• In this fast changing world, nothing lasts forever and so does the plug-ins and themes. With newer ones entering the arena, plug-ins and themes require constant upgrade.
• With the updating of the WordPress site, a user using the older version fails to receive all benefits. Thus one should ensure the use of the latest version of WordPress.
• Plug-ins is important for better visuals but there may be plug-ins whose use has been nullified. Such unused plug-ins take up memory for no reason, making retrieval slow and hence should be deactivated.
• An html page with a good coded theme ensures a high speed and better SEO rankings. This assures that the site is not only attractive to look at but also has a good quality.
• Lesser data imply less overhead and thus faster access. So the database content should be optimized regularly.
• The database content is the most important part of the WordPress blog and hence needs to be secured against system crashes and other such behavior. For this, the database should be kept on a backup in case of failure.
• If the number of visitors to one’s site is fairly high, the user should use a CDN like Amazon s3 for quality delivery of web content.
• Themes make a page look beautiful but sometimes they may have malware and spam hidden in them. Any theme that one loads should be pre-checked for all such erroneous stuffs.
• The loading time of a page is vital for the traffic of the page. So the images should be compressed to ensure a limited loading time. This enables the users to be able to access content without having a test of their patience.
• There are also spam comments and post revisions which add to the load on the site unnecessarily. These should be deleted so that the load is reduced without any compromise on the content.
• Plug-ins selection should be a combination of priority versus load. Based on this, the decision of whether or not a plug-in should be installed is to be taken.
• Last, but not the least, nothing is more important than using a good hosting company. All the above mentioned tips for optimizing wordpress go waste if the hosting company is not good enough to be able to take the load.
Thus, it is easy to keep WordPress optimized. A little bit of effort and basic knowledge is all one needs to do the needful.