Blackberry 10 is the name of the debutant mobile operating system by Blackberry. After years of losing to Android and iPhones, Blackberry has come back with a bang. The company’s name too is as new as its product, being changed from RIM to Blackberry itself – “One brand, one promise”.
The Blackberry 10 is a complete makeover of its father operating system
- The focus is around the Blackberry hub which is a universal box capable of varied functions including text messages, notifications and emails. A customized calendar is also available in this hub which can put calendar entries using the contact information about guest meetings.
- A Time Shift feature in camera allows one to go back in time and edit pictures for the better. In group pictures, there is always one or two who have blinked or have a dazed expression. The Time Shift amazingly allows one to change the picture to before the blinking.
- Another feature called the StoryMaker is able to string together clicks and videos to tell one’s very own story.
- Apart from the features, the virtual keyboard which is provided has also been considerably upgraded with a predictive text mechanism.
- The Blackberry messenger is integrated with video chatting along with more than 70,000 apps like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn among the others.
- Skype has also been committed to making an application for the Blackberry 10.
Blackberry has launched two phones – the Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10 which will run on a Blackberry 10 operating system. These two phones with their super fast speed is expected to give the other high end phones great competition.
The specifications of the new Phones:
- The two phones will have a 16 GB internal memory along with the extendable memory option.
- The battery has also been made more powerful to give the users a longer life for their Blackberry phones.
- Blackberry Z10 has been made into a full touch screen phone while Blackberry Q10 is both touch and QWERTY. This will enable people to choose according to their need and comfort.
Check out the launch event of these two phones held on 30th Jan in New York
The first phones to run on this Blackberry 10 software – the Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10, are the ultimate products of Blackberry capable of competing with other high speed Smartphone. This system with a whole new set of features is set to bring Blackberry to the top once again!